DETAILS OF CBSE BOARD EXAMS 2018
Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has announced the dates of CBSE Board Exam 2017 for the Standard X and XII examinations beginning from March 9, 2017.
- In India, board exams refer to the public exams that occur at the end of the 9th to 10th class (SSC), or at the end of the 11th to 12th class (HSC).
- The percentage achieved in these exams are considered very important for getting into colleges, universities, professional courses or training programmes, and even in finding employment.
- In CBSE Board each of the exams takes place simultaneously across the whole country, to ensure that question papers are not leaked in advance across time zones.
- Security is usually high for CBSE board exams as compared to other boards.
- The exams may include multiple sets of question papers for the safety purpose.
- The candidates have issued identification passes in advance, which are presented to the staff at the examination centre.
- The centre itself must not be the same school where a candidate is from; the student need to travel to a different school to take the exam, to ensure impartiality,
Focus of CBSE Board is on:
- Innovations in teaching-learning methods by devising students friendly and students centred paradigms
- Reforms in examinations and evaluation practices.
- Skill learning by adding job-oriented and job-linked inputs
- Regularly updating the pedagogical skills of the teachers and administrators by conducting in-service training programmes, workshops, etc.