DETAILS OF GOA BOARD 2018: ELIGIBILITY, RESULT
- Goa Board is expanded as Goa Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education
- This school education board is popularly known as GBSHSE.
- This board was established through the Goa, Daman and Diu Secondary and Higher Education Board Act, 1975.
- Goa board aims at providing secondary and higher secondary education and for this purpose the board grants recognition to the required number of schools in the territory.
- It also pays special attention to the improvement of the secondary and higher secondary education to ensure economic and social development.
- The board performs many major functions and some of them are listed below:
1. Granting and withdrawal of recognition to secondary and higher secondary schools in the state
2. Advising the government on matters related to policies for the secondary and higher secondary education to ensure the uniform pattern of education.
3. Laying down principles related to curriculum and syllabus to the entire secondary and higher secondary courses.
4. To prescribe and prepare textbooks for all classes in secondary and higher secondary level.
5. To prescribe admission conditions for private candidates.
6. To declare the results of final examinations conducted.
- GBSHSE conducts the following examinations in the state of Goa:
- The standard X examination is conducted in the months of March, June, and October, for three times in an academic year.
- Similarly, class XII examination is also conducted in the same months for three times a year.
- Students can obtain the last date of submission of application form of these exams from their respective schools. The information in this regard will also be published on the website of the board.