DETAILS OF MAHARASHTRA BOARD 2018: ELIGIBILITY, RESULT
- The Maharashtra Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education operate from the city of Pune in the state.
- Maharashtra Board is an autonomous body that was established as per the provisions of the Maharashtra Act
- This board is called as Maharashtra State Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education.
- Maharashtra board conducts the HSC and SSC examinations in the state.
- These exams are conducted through the nine divisional offices of the board located in different cities in the state.
- For the main examination, around 14 lakh students take up the HSC test, while the number of students taking SSC is around 17 lakhs. For the supplementary examination, the number of students taking up is around 6 lakhs together for both classes.
- There are around 21000 schools functioning under this board offering secondary education until class X and around 7000 schools offer higher secondary education and they are also called as junior colleges.
- The main and the supplementary examinations are generally conducted in the months of March and October respectively each year. The results are generally out in June and January of the next year respectively.
- The month of March is the end of academic year and June is the beginning of the academic year in this state similar to many other states in India.
- The Maharashtra board is responsible for the formation and also for implementation of the rules and regulations as per the guidelines of the state and the central boards.
- In addition, the board also holds the autonomous responsibility of framing and implementing the curriculum/syllabus for all grades.
- The board also prepares textbooks for all classes. The examination schedule is also prepared for all the schools.
- The board is also responsible for conducting the state-level examination in a fair manner and she is responsible for providing unbiased justice in the case of any dispute.
Examinations conducted by Maharashtra Board:
The Maharashtra Board conducts state-level board examination for:
- HSC or class XII General syllabus
- HSC or class XII Vocational syllabus
- SSC or Class X general